Language & Literacy Academy for Learning
Principal/Director: Dr. Tandria Callins CCC-SLP
Grade Levels: Pre-K-12
Registration and Enrollment
An applicant must have either an IEP or FSP to be enrolled into the school. If the child is younger than 3 years, they must be in the Early Steps Program under a Family Support Plan. For more information please click here or go to the enrollment page.
Programs & Facilities
- HighScope COR Advantage:Infant, Toddler, Pre-K Developmental Milestones
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program:Supportive/ Participatory
- Picture Exchange Communication System:Supportive/ Participatory, infant/toddler
- Voyager Read WellK-3
- Voyager Passport LiteracyK-5th
- Voyager LANGUAGE Live!5-8
- Voyager Step up to WritingK-8
- Structure Your Reading6-8
- Touch MathK-3
- Voyager MathK-8
- Voyager Trans Math6-8
- Voyager Inside Algebra6-8
- Science FusionK-8
- Voyager Time Warp (Social Studies)K-8
- Physical fitness & Health with our robust Special Olympics program
- Visual, Fine, and Performing Arts Program
- Mind-Up Curriculum
Click here to see all employment opportunities.
For the staff directory click here
Enrollment is now Open!
Now Accepting High School Students
-Stop by the Front Office to pick-up an Enrollment Packet-
Our Mission & Vision
To conceptualize each student’s educational pathway where learning is a dynamic process of functioning and disability which is attained through the interaction between a person’s health condition, environmental factors, personal factors, and academic indicators. Our educational and therapeutic model addresses the functional limitations of each child thus reducing their barriers or health conditions that impede access to educational curriculum and social development thus producing successful student outcomes including closing the achievement gap while improving behavior, to prepare our students for higher education and /or employment.
To create a nationally known infant, toddler, Pre-K, K-12 educational institution for students with disabilities that is noted for providing supports that address the child’s
- health conditions (physical body functions & structures, hearing, vision, language, communication & speech, fine motor, visual perceptual, sensory),
- environmental factors (physical, social, and attitudinal environment in which children live and conduct their lives. These are either barriers to or facilitators of the person’s functioning), and
- personal factors (participation and or problems resulting in restrictions, activity limitations where there is difficulty executing activities, initiation or lack of).
With a school that assesses and addresses the child’s health conditions (therapeutic) while teaching the child academics, our vision is to create the most effective ESE school for children with special needs in the nation because we address the health barriers that historically hold back our students from reaching their highest levels of academic success. We will serve students with social, relational, behavioral, academic, and mental health deficits. We will provide in-house therapies as well as contracted therapies to serve the varying needs of our students.
330 Avenue C SE
Winter Haven, FL 33880
M-F: 8am – 3pm
Phone & Email
Dr. Callins is a Speech & Language Pathologist and her Ph.D. is in Special Education. She believes education from cradle to career is essential to achieving prosperity for every student at Language & Literacy Academy for Learning. Her vision is for every student to excel in the areas of literacy and language across all content areas. She believes in the potential of every student and chose the Phoenix as their school mascot. Just as the phoenix rose from the ashes, we will rise and soar above educational barriers.
“I no longer feared the darkness once I knew the phoenix in me would rise from the ashes” -William C Hannan.Dr. Tandria Callins CCC-SLP
Number of Days Left