Principal/Director: Dr. Tandria Callins CCC-SLP
Grade Levels: Pre-K-12
Registration and Enrollment
An applicant must have either an IEP or FSP to be enrolled into the school. If the child is younger than 3 years, they must be in the Early Steps Program under a Family Support Plan. For more information please click here or go to the enrollment page.
Programs & Facilities
- HighScope COR Advantage:Infant, Toddler, Pre-K Developmental Milestones
- Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program:Supportive/ Participatory
- Picture Exchange Communication System:Supportive/ Participatory, infant/toddler
- Voyager Read WellK-3
- Voyager Passport LiteracyK-5th
- Voyager LANGUAGE Live!5-8
- Voyager Step up to WritingK-8
- Structure Your Reading6-8
- Touch MathK-3
- Voyager MathK-8
- Voyager Trans Math6-8
- Voyager Inside Algebra6-8
- Science FusionK-8
- Voyager Time Warp (Social Studies)K-8
- Physical fitness & Health with our robust Special Olympics program
- Visual, Fine, and Performing Arts Program
- Mind-Up Curriculum
Click here to see all employment opportunities.
For the staff directory click here
Language & Literacy Academy for Learning is a free public charter school serving PreK – 12 students with IEPs or FSPs. Our proven educational model gives students the opportunity to learn surrounded by people and support programs that address each child’s health conditions, environmental factors, and personal factors.
330 Avenue C SE
Winter Haven, FL 33880
M-F: 8am – 3pm
Phone & Email
Dr. Callins is a Speech & Language Pathologist and her Ph.D. is in Special Education. She believes education from cradle to career is essential to achieving prosperity for every student at Language & Literacy Academy for Learning. Her vision is for every student to excel in the areas of literacy and language across all content areas. She believes in the potential of every student and chose the Phoenix as their school mascot. Just as the phoenix rose from the ashes, we will rise and soar above educational barriers.
“I no longer feared the darkness once I knew the phoenix in me would rise from the ashes” -William C Hannan.
First Day of School